This is an intensive Workshop, which lasts about 4 hours and covers all that Fire Wardens or Fire Marshals need to know to carry
out their duties. Like the Basic Fire Awareness Course, it is held on your premises and provides the standard and level of training required by law.
Who is it for?
This Workshop is vital for all employees who have agreed to act as Fire Wardens or Fire Marshals where they work, or because their responsibilities include implementing their employer’s fire evacuation procedures. It is also ideally suited to people who have a direct responsibility for developing or improving the company’s existing evacuation procedures.
What are its aims and objectives?
By the end of the Workshop, delegates will
• have a greater awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke and what causes a fire to start
• know how to identify the individual classes of fire and be aware of what extinguisher to use to aid escape
• appreciate the potential fire hazards in their building
• know how important regular fire drills are
• know about the fire safety arrangements where they work
• learn about the different methods of evacuation and accounting, and be able to determine the best method for their site.